Excellence in Learning
Progression Training provides high quality training across Wales and the UK, specialising in Health & Social Care.
Essential Skills Wales (ESW)
The Essential Skills Wales (ESW) Qualifications are awarded by City & Guilds and are intended for everyone, from school pupils to chief executives in large companies. The Essential Skills are the skills most commonly needed for success in a range of activities at work, in education, training and life in general.
Emphasis within these standards is upon the practical application of transferable skills to suit a variety of different purposes. Whilst the Essential Skills can be assessed and achieved as a stand-alone outcome, delivery may more commonly form part of broader learning programmes involving the achievement of other qualifications. For example, Apprenticeship Frameworks in England, Wales and Northern Ireland all include a ESW requirement.
Why essential skills are important
Essential Skills help to improve learners’:
They are essential, as they enable individuals to be:
- Computer literate
- Able to relate well with customers
- Good team workers
- Flexible in their work activities
- Decision makers and problem solvers
- Able to communication effectively
What do our learners say?
- The application of number was excellent for refreshing maths knowledge. Definitely beneficial for anyone to learn these skills or to refresh them – David Taylor, Ceredigion.
We cover the areas of North Wales, Mid Wales & South Wales